Amazon Prime – Shopping on Amazon is free but to enjoy extra benefits you’ll have upgraded to Amazon prime or create an Amazon prime account. Amazon prime account comes with a lot of added benefits, though Amazon prime is not a free account, it is a paid membership account that is billed monthly or yearly.
Extra benefits such as Amazon prime video which allows streaming of movies or TV shows comes with the Amazon prime account.
Amazon prime is billed $119 per annum and $12.99 per month. New members of Amazon prime accounts get to have 30 days free trial for an annual subscription.
Amazon prime account also comes with free two-day shipping and unlimited ad-free access to prime playlists and millions of songs. The Amazon prime account allows two adults in the same household to share the same Amazon account.
Amazon Prime Account Sign Up
To enjoy the extra benefits of Amazon prime account you need to sign up, the following are steps on how to sign up to Amazon prime
- Connect your device to an active internet connection.
- From your device browser go to Amazon prime sign up.
- Click start your 30 days free trial you’ll be taken to another page, on the next page click on create a new Amazon account.
- Fill in the form with the required information and click on create your Amazon account.
- After completion of the steps above click on select payment method then continue.
- On the next interface you’ll be asked to provide your credit card number, the name on your credit card and the expiration month and year of credit card, fill in the fields with the information then click on next.
- Provide a billing address and click on done, a new page will come up, make sure you go through all the information you provided and ensure that they are all correct then click on start your 30 days free trial.
After completion of the above steps you can now enjoy your 30 days free trial before being charged for Amazon prime account. You also get to enjoy all the benefits that comes with Amazon prime account during your 30 days free trial.
Amazon Prime Student
Amazon prime student is a paid membership account with six months free trial plus two-day free shipping. The Amazon prime student is specifically designed for college students, at the end of the six months trial, Amazon prime students gets 50% off Amazon prime including all the benefits that comes with the regular Amazon prime account.
To be able to use the Amazon prime student account you’ll need a valid proof that you’re a student, like a valid email ending with .edu or a valid student ID.
Amazon prime student account is billed $59 per annum and $6.49 per month, the program only last for four years or till after the registered user graduates.
After graduation or at the end of four years the program expires and the user will be billed at the regular Amazon prime rate.
Amazon prime student get paid on each referral they make, both the student that is referred and the student that referred gets $5 each. The main purpose of this Amazon prime student is to help students save money.