Bluebird Card – Get a great prepaid option with the Bluebird Card with potentially no fees at all if you live near a Walmart. American Express, has teamed up with Walmart to offer you a card that gives you easy access to your cash without all the extra cost.
Cardmembers can use their Bluebird by American Express Card virtually anywhere American Express is accepted. There’s also free ATM access at more than 24,000 MoneyPass locations globally.
You now have a card that helps you send and receive money without hassles, and you can even enroll in direct deposit to get your paycheck up to two days faster.
Apart from that, your Bluebird by American Express account comes with some built-in features which are designed to make managing your finance a lot more easier.
The Bluebird Card is an FDIC-insured prepaid debit card that comes with virtually no fees. It functions more like a checking account, which makes it a useful substitute for consumers who do not have a bank account.
However, even if you have a bank account, Bluebird’s family-friendly money management tools may be appealing.
Bluebird Card Benefits
The Bluebird Card lives up to its tagline of “Benefits of banking, without all the fees”. Let’s outline these benefits:
- A great card option for people who want a simplified checking account with little to no fees.
- No credit check – offers easy approval
- No foreign transaction fee
- $0 annual fee
- Offers simple account management tools as well as services.
- No activation fee
- Enjoy Bluebird2Walmart Money Transfer Powered by Ria.
- Enjoy Family Account Access, by linking up to four more cards for your family members. You can set limits on spending and ATM access.
- Where your employer offers direct deposit, you can have your paycheck added to your Bluebird by American Express Card automatically every payday. The good news is, there’s no charge to set it up.
- With your card, you can pay your bills each month with no added fee. Bluebird checks are also available free of charge.
Bluebird Card Application
To apply for the Bluebird Card, there are some basic things you need to know and some basic steps you need to take.
- An intending must have a valid SSN
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Reside in the United States
Requirements for Bluebird Family Account
- An intending applicant must be at least 13 years old
- Should reside in the United States
- No minimum balance requirements, and no credit reviews is required to join Bluebird.
How to Apply
You have three options of applying for the Bluebird Card.
For the first option, you can get the Bluebird Account Set Up Kit for $5, at a Walmart store close to you, begin using your Temporary Card immediately, then register at Bluebird.com.
The second option of getting the card is by, registering directly online at Bluebird.com
Thirdly, by downloading the Bluebird Mobile App from the App Store or Google Play and register via the Bluebird Mobile App.
Bluebird Card Activation
Activate your card by taking the following simple steps:
- Bluebird activation Kits, can only be gotten only at Walmart and on the Bluebird service.
- You can activate the Bluebird card, online.
- Activating a Bluebird card, requires creating an account with a valid e-mail.
- Visit the bluebird.com/activate
- Type in your Username and Password
- Click on the “Continue” link to continue.
Bluebird Card Login
Want to gain access to your account, do the following:
- Go to Bluebird login page
- Type in your Username and Password
- Tick on the “login” link, to gain access.
Bluebird Card Username/Password Recovery
Without your password and username, you can’t access your account. However not to worry we have the steps you need to recover them:
- Visit the login page
- Hit on the “Forgot my username or password” link
- Key in the following details; Card number (15 digits), and Card security code (4 digits) in the next page.
- Thereafter, click on the “Continue” link to proceed further.
Bluebird Card Bill Payment
With your card comes making bill payments. To make one here’s what you should do:
- Log into your Bluebird account
- Tick on “Pay Bills”, which is on the left of the screen
- Type in your payee information
- Decide on a payee
- Save the payee information
- Type in an amount to pay, by tapping on “Continue” link
- Submit payment, by tapping on the “Submit” link.
Bluebird Card Customer Service
For any issues you have with the Bluebird Card, there’s a customer care line dedicated to answer your questions. To call with this number scroll to the secure card website and call with the number listed on the card’s website.