Manage your money with ease with the Bluebird Mastercard. A fee-friendly Visa® card that is accepted widely. Available only to U.S. residents who are over 18 years, this reloadable prepaid card enables you easily manage your money, add cash, etc.
Issued by American Express, this card cuts fees and offers banking and shopping features that beats that of most competitors in the market. Additionally, you get access to money-saving Amex Offers that otherwise are only available with credit cards.
Note however that the American Express Bluebird is not a credit card. However, it does come with a prepaid debit card.
The Bluebird debit card, promises you the, “Benefits of banking, without all the fees”. The card delivers on this promise, as it charges practically no fees at all if you live near a Walmart.
You enjoy benefits like Amex Offers, Roadside Assistance, Purchase protection, and Fraud protection. From the Bluebird mobile app, you can even take a check capture, to access the funds for free in 10 days or even in minutes for a fee.
Bluebird Mastercard Benefits & Features
These range of benefits are designed with you in mind:
- Enjoy zero liability on unauthorized charges
- Discount portal
- Purchase protection
- No foreign transaction fee
- Roadside assistance
- Mobile check capture
- You can access your money up to two days faster using direct deposit
- Access free withdrawals at MoneyPass ATMs $2.50 fee at other ATMs
- Free cash loading at Walmart
- $0 monthly annual fee
Fees You Won’t Have to Pay
- Customer service fee
- Foreign transaction fee
- Monthly/annual fee
- Fee per purchase
- ATM fee for in-network withdrawals (MoneyPass ATMs)
- Inactivity fee
- Fee to reload from debit cards
- Direct deposit fee
- Standard shipping card replacement
- Setup fee while signing up online
Bluebird Card Application
Meet the following requirements to apply for the Bluebird Card:
- An intending candidate, must have a valid SSN
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Reside in the United States
Requirements for Bluebird Family Account
- An intending applicant must be at least 13 years old
- Should reside in the United States
- No minimum balance requirements, and no credit reviews is required to join Bluebird.
How to Apply
There are three application options of applying for the Bluebird Card.
Option 1, requires getting the Bluebird Account Set Up Kit for $5, at a Walmart store close to you, start using your Temporary Card immediately, then register at Bluebird.com.
Option 2 requires, registering directly online at Bluebird.com
The third option is, by downloading the Bluebird Mobile App from the App Store or Google Play and register via the Bluebird Mobile App.
Bluebird Card Activation
Activate your card by taking the following simple steps:
- Bluebird activation Kits, can only be gotten only at Walmart and on the Bluebird service.
- You can activate the Bluebird card, online.
- Activating a Bluebird card, requires creating an account with a valid e-mail.
- Visit the bluebird.com/activate
- Type in your Username and Password
- Click on the “Continue” link to continue.
Bluebird Card Login
Want to gain access to your account, do the following:
- Go to Bluebird login page
- Type in your Username and Password
- Tick on the “login” link, to gain access.
Bluebird Card Username/Password Recovery
Recover your login details for the same page you logged:
- Visit the login page
- Hit on the “Forgot my username or password” link
- Key in the following details; Card number (15 digits), and Card security code (4 digits) in the next page.
- Thereafter, click on the “Continue” link to proceed further.
Bluebird Card Bill Payment
With your card comes making bill payments. To make one here’s what you should do:
- Log into your Bluebird account
- Tick on “Pay Bills”, which is on the left of the screen
- Type in your payee information
- Decide on a payee
- Save the payee information
- Type in an amount to pay, by tapping on “Continue” link
- Submit payment, by tapping on the “Submit” link.
Bluebird Card Customer Service
Bluebird Card has a customer care line dedicated to answering your questions. To call with this number scroll to the secure card website and call with the number listed on the card’s website. You can call to get assistance on any issue as regards your Bluebird Mastercard.