How To Delete eBay Account – Get a few tips on how to delete eBay account and close your account if you no longer need it.
Be it as it may, if you want to close an account you are no longer using here are some things you have to consider before you take that decision.
Effects of Deleting eBay Account
- Once your account is deleted, you’ll no longer be able to buy or sell on the site.
- You stand to lose all your feedback as well as your purchase and sales history.
- Note also that deleting your eBay account does not mean the account will be instantly deleted when you start the process but will become a permanent step if you persist.
- Note also that instead of totally deleting your account, you can deactivate it by removing your automatic payment options and canceling any active eBay subscriptions you have rather than shut down the account completely.
How to Delete eBay Account
If you still want to delete your account and be rid of anything eBay here’s what you should do;
Things to Consider
- Ensure that you have no outstanding balances with buyers, sellers or the eBay site. You must pay all fees and your balance must be zero before you can close your account.
- There must be no unresolved suspensions or restrictions.
- You must not be active on any item bidding. In case you are involved in any, you must first of all, cancel those bids or wait for the auction to end before deleting your eBay account.
- Scroll to the eBay website and sign in to your account
- Then proceed to “My eBay”, and choose the “Account” button.
- Choose the “Close my account” link at the right-hand side.
- Thereafter, you’ll be navigated to the help page where you’ll be prompted against deleting your account. But since you really want to delete your account let’s go.
- Beneath the “Closing your eBay account” heading, review the steps to ensure that you meet the requirements. Once you are ready, choose the blue “Submit a request to close your account” text.
- After that, you’ll be prompted to confirm why you want to close your account. Use the drop-down menu to choose your reason and if prompted further, choose a more detailed reason.
- Click on the blue “Continue” tab.
- eBay will try to offer you some help to aid you with the issue you stated without closing your account. If you still want to delete, choose “No please close my account” from the drop-down menu, then choose “Continue” again.
- Review the information about closing your account on the final page. Once you are ready, click the box to confirm that you’ve reviewed everything and choose “Continue” again.
Thereafter, your account closure request will be sent to eBay. Expect an email confirmation within 24 hours to confirm this receipt. If you have not used the account in the last 60 days for any buying or selling, the account will be closed within 30 days. If you’ve recently used the account, it will stay open for 60 days.
You can make a change within the 30/60 days grace period if you wish to change your mind because after that, the account will permanently be deleted.