Walmart Money Transfer – Quickly send money domestically as well as globally with Walmart Money Transfer. You can quickly transfer funds using either of the three methods offered by Walmart.
Walmart Money Transfer Fees & Services Levels
Walmart Money Transfer is not all free. This means there some fees you have to pay for using this service.
If you are transferring online, the fees may vary by the special speed, the location you send to, as well as the payment method. Transfers can be made 24 hours a day and 365 days a year.
For in-store transfers, the fees may vary depending on the speed of service you choose, the location your sending to, and the amount of money you send for all MoneyGram transfers.
There are options for Same-Day or Overnight service. Overnight here, is a special service available between Walmart stores. The cash will be at the Walmart location you choose after 7 a.m. the next day.
You can make transfers of up to $2,500 per transfer. Every 30 calendar days have a maximum transfer limit of $6,000, which can be revisited by visiting a Walmart or MoneyGram agent location.
What Type of Transfers Can be Made with Walmart Money Transfer?
- Money orders
- Top-up mobile phones
- One-off transfers.
Let’s see the three mediums of money transfer;
You can transfer funds, using the Walmart app without having a MoneyGram account.
Via Online Desktop or Browser
Through Walmart’s partnership with MoneyGram and Ria Financial, you can select the transfer location and pay the transfer amount and fees, all securely on your computer.
This can be done at the Money Center or customer service desk in your local Walmart store and funds transferred to any location in the United States and Puerto Rico through Walmart2Walmart Money Transfer provided by Ria.
Walmart also partners with MoneyGram to send fund transfers worldwide. If you want to transfer in-store, a store associate will help you find a Walmart store or MoneyGram agent location that is most convenient for you.
All you have to do is pay the transfer amount and fees, and the money will be available at the recipient’s location once the transaction is complete. You can expect your funds transfer to arrive in as little as 10 minutes with both providers.
Walmart Money Transfer Step-by-step Guide Via the Walmart App
To transfer via the app,
- Download the app and sign in or create a Walmart.com account on the website.
- Click on “Services” then “Money Services” from the main page of the Walmart app.
- Thereafter, choose to Send, Receive, or Pay Bill.
- Key in details.
- Visit a local store to complete the transaction.
- At the store, go to the MoneyCenter or customer service desk where you may use the Express Lane. Note, not all stores have an Express Lane due to store formats and size.
- At the register, you can access your prepared transaction from the app by scanning the QR code on the debit reader. Take note also, that first-time customers will be quizzed by the cashier for a government-issued ID.