Walmart to Walmart money transfer is a service that offers money transfers within the United States. It was founded in 1987 and is based in Buena Park, CA.
This is a service provided by Ria and geared at sending money between Walmart stores within the U.S., including Puerto Rico, in-person or via the Walmart app. With this service, you can make delivery in minutes.
What’s Good About Walmart to Walmart Money Transfer?
- You can speedily transfer funds within minutes
- Initiate transfers online before you complete it at Walmart to speed up the transfer process.
- Customers can check the status of transfers and update personal information with online account management.
What’s not so good?
Allows domestic transfers only
Transfers can only be sent and received via a Walmart location.
Fees to Expect with Walmart To Walmart Money Transfer
- Processing fee – $4
- Processing commission – N/A
- International Transfer Fee – N/A
- International Transfer Fee ($) – N/A
- Processing Commission Range – N/A
- Processing Fee Range ($) – $4- $16
- Premium processing fee – N/A
- Foreign currency transaction fee – N/A
Maximum Transfer Amount
Even though Walmart to Walmart Money Transfer does not have a minimum transfer amount, the maximum amount you can spend per transfer is $2,500.
How Fast is Walmart to Walmart Money Transfer?
Normally, it takes 1 day for money transfers to arrive, but this may vary depending on the amount, currency, and destination.
Walmart to Walmart Money Transfer Eligibility Requirements
- You must be 18 years and above to send money with Walmart2Walmart.
- Any of the following forms of ID is required; U.S. Driver’s license or State ID, U.S. or Foreign passport, Green card, Mexican Visa/Border Crossing Card, Mexican Metricula Consular, Temporary Resident Card, Tribal ID, Employment Authorization Card, Military ID, or Naturalization and Immigrant Services ID card.
How to Transfer Money with Walmart To Walmart Money Transfer
Visit the Money Center, if your store has one, or the customer service desk if your store does not offer the service. You have the option of paying for the money transfer either with cash or a debit card.
You can also transfer via the Walmart app. Simply open the app, and click open the menu using the button at the upper left-hand corner. Navigate down until you find “Express Money Services”.
Once you spot this, proceed to the Express Money Services page in the app to know if the service is available at your store. It the service is available, key in the information about your transfer in the app.
Note, you will have to visit the store to pay for the transfer, show an ID, and get a reference number.
How to Receive a Walmart to Walmart Money Transfer
Visit the Money Center and if your store does not offer one, visit the customer service desk. Next, give the transaction reference number to the customer service officer and show proof of your ID to receive the sent funds.
These transfers are received as cash and are usually available for pick-up within 10 minutes of being sent.
Walmart keeps Walmart to Walmart Money Transfers for 60 days from the original transaction date, and if the recipient does not pick up the cash transfer within that period, the issuer Ria, will refund the amount to the sender.
Walmart to Walmart Money Transfer Tracking
You can track your money transfer by calling Ria at (855) 355-2144 or by using Ria’s Track a Transfer page online.
Walmart to Walmart Money Transfer Refund
To refund a Walmart2Walmart transfer if the recipient has not picked up the transferred cash within the hold period contact Ria’s customer service.
The refund will come via the original method you used to transfer the fund. But if the account is closed or frozen, it will be issued as a paper check.
The refund process takes between 2 -10 business days after Ria receives the funds back from the paying agent if it refunded through your original payment method. For a closed or frozen account, your refund should arrive within 7 – 10 business days.