WhatsApp Business Web is designed with the small business owner in mind. This app is free to download and is available on Android and iPhone users. The app also allows you to have a business presence on WhatsApp, communicate more effectively with your customers and help you grow your business.
Note, if you have separate business and personal phone numbers, you can have both WhatsApp Business and WhatsApp Business Web on the same phone, and register them with different numbers.
Difference Between WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business
The WhatsApp Business Web app, is built with useful features that makes it easy for customers to initiate a chat. The short link is a built-in feature in the WhatsApp Business app There are links for normal accounts on the standard WhatsApp also, although the only difference is that you need to create them manually.
WhatsApp Business Web Features
With a business profile, you can help your customers find valuable details, like your website, location, or contact details.
Use the business messaging tools and become more responsive to your customers by using Away messages to indicate that you are away.
WhatsApp Business can be used with a landline (or fixed) phone number and your customers can message you on that number. During verification, choose the “Call me” option to get the code over a phone call.
You can run both WhatsApp Messenger and WhatsApp Business on the same phone, even though each app must have its own unique phone number.
How To Download WhatsApp Business Web
What You Need To Know Before You Download WhatsApp Business Web
You can use both apps, WhatsApp Business Web and WhatsApp Messenger, but ensure you link each to its unique phone number. You can’t have one phone number linked to both apps at the same time.
This app is currently being rolled out to the world. Thus if it’s not available now, you are advised to check Google Play Store again later.
Those who have an existing WhatsApp Messenger account, you’ll be given the option to migrate your chat history to your new WhatsApp Business account. It is advised that you make a manual backup before proceeding.
- For Android users WhatsApp Business app can be downloaded from Google Play Store.
- Confirm your business phone number, the number you wish to use to talk to customers.
- You can restore your chat history, if you wish.
- Set your business name
- Build your profile by tapping on “More options” > Settings > Business Settings > Profile.
How To Integrate WhatsApp Business Into Your Website
- Go to WhatsHelp website from your web browser.
- Tap “Widget” to see the list of supported IM platform buttons.
- Navigate down and tap on WhatsApp icon beneath “Choose messaging apps”
- Key in your WhatsApp number
- Navigate down, and set logo, greeting message, icon color, etc.
- Customize other advanced features like widget size etc.
- Lastly, key in your email ID and get the code to implement the WhatsApp Web Messaging directing button to your website.
- Copy the code, and put it wherever you want to show the button from your website backend.
WhatsApp Business Web has come to help you solve your small business needs.